Sunday, December 29, 2013

And the answer is..

It's quiet here. Just me and the dogs and a room full of paintings/drawings that I'm a bit mystified by. I don't really know what's going on. I keep making these, and they keep not living up to my need. I'm questioning what I'm doing and don't have any answers. Well, I do, really. The answer is "I don't know" and that's always the right answer. I decided a little while ago "that's it, I'll draw out the demons of uncertainty".  Thanks to Lynda Barry's book One Hundred Demons, a gift from my daughter a few years back. This is a room full of demons with a side of uncertainty and happy painting.

Just a start ..harking back to the earlier drawing days, now with oil paint incorporated into the mix of mixed media.




"Help"  24 x 18" mixed media on mylar



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.